CDR FUNDRAISING GROUP ART DIRECTOR
The Art Director works in conjunction with Creative Director and other senior creative staff to make
sure all project deadlines are met. The Director is responsible for developing creative concepts that
communicate the client’s marketing objectives and effectively elicit a response by motivating donors
to act and support our nonprofit clients’ missions. The ideal candidate has strong knowledge of
successful direct mail concepts, techniques, and multi- channel integrated campaigns, is a strategic
and highly conceptual thinker in both visual and integrated design. The Director will create a variety
of complicated tasks. Position will report to the VP of Creative/Creative Director.
- Conceptualizes, designs, and develops innovative conventional, premium-based direct mail packages and multi-channel integrated campaigns from inception to delivery of print-ready art to printers.
- Works closely with creative teammates, account executives, production teammates and other members of CDR.
- Is a strategic, highly conceptual thinker in both visual and integrated design.
- Reviews and understands package performance results.
- Creates presentation-ready artwork, including mock-ups, boards, and spreads.
- Is detail oriented and able to work independently within established timelines.
- Attends internal project development and workflow tracking meetings.
- Attends client meetings to present creative and generate new creative ideas.
- Attends and participates in industry-related conferences and conventions.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Must have extensive understanding of direct-mail techniques, print production processes, typography, and illustration.
- Proficiency in Adobe CC (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, Acrobat and XD) and Microsoft Office in an OSX environment is a must.
- Digital design experience a plus, but not required.
- Must possess excellent written and oral communication and presentation skills.
- Is comfortable in a fast-paced agency environment, performing a variety of client service tasks.
- Will handle multiple concurrent projects while working independently and on teams.
- Other key competencies include quality management, adaptability, initiative and innovation, sound judgement, outstanding problem-solving abilities, and strong interpersonal skills.
Bachelor’s degree (or additional work experience to satisfy the education requirement).
- Five to seven years of direct mail or nonprofit experience required.
- Proficiency in Adobe CC (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, and Flash) and Microsoft Office in an OSX environment is a must. Coding experience is required.
- Qualified candidates must provide access to a well-maintained creative portfolio.
Creative Direct Response, Inc., is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual
orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other
characteristic protected by law.
Click here to apply: CDR Fundraising Group Jobs on Indeed